September 2013 Events!
Our Lady of Fátima Festival
September 14th and 15th
- Saturday, September 14th at 5:30pm a Mass celebrated by Fr. Walter Carreiro honoring The Lady of Fatima at St. Michael’s Church will be followed by a solemn procession to the club. Everyone is welcome to participate in the procession. After the procession the festival will begin at 8:00pm. The Band Faith with lead singer Sonia Bettencourt will be performing live outside on the terrace. There will be children’s activities and food available at the concession stand. A buffet dinner will be available. (Tickets must be gotten in advance*)
- Sunday, September 15th will start at 3:00pm with an outdoor performance by the Children’s Folclore group, “Grupo Folclórico de Crianças”. A 4:00pm mass at the HPC chapel will be celebrated by Fr. Anthony Lalli. At 5:00pm the festival will start outside with music performed by Arlindo Andrade. HCP’s own Grupo de Nossa Senhora das Candeias will be performing at 6:30pm. There will be children’s activities and food available at the concession stand. A buffet dinner will be available. (Tickets must be gotten in advance*) At 8:30pm we will have a candlelight procession and a farewell to our Lady.
*Tickets for either buffet can be gotten at the club or by contacting:
- Lurdes Melo (508) 826-9767
- Maria Leandres (978) 568-8491
Click here for a link to the Lady of Fatima Festival Flyer
4th Annual Lace Up 4 a Cure
Sunday, September 22nd
Run, walk or crawl, we take it all!
For the fourth year in a row the Hudson Portuguese Club is proud to be holding the “Lace Up 4 a Cure” event. At this event individuals or teams raise money for the charity of their choice. 100% of the money they raise goes to the charity. Last year we raised near to fifteen thousand dollars for many different charities some of which included:
- Autoimmune Disease Research Center at Johns Hopkins
- American Cancer Society
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- National Pancreatic Cancer Foundation
- Lukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Autism Speaks
- American Heart Association
- ALS Foundation
- Make A Wish Foundation
Anyone wanting to participate in the walk can sign up by clicking here. You can also sign up starting at 11:00 on the morning of the event at the tent in front of the club. The walk begins at Noon and participants can choose either a 1 or 5 mile route. Both routes start and end at the club.
*Please note that any checks used for donations should be made payable to the charity.
Click here for a link to the LaceUp 4ACure Flyer